Reality Blurb is looking to hire freelance and part-time writers for the site! Details for the job and how to apply are below.
Are you a reality TV fanatic? Are you funny? Witty? Looking to work from home? This opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for freelance and part-time writers to write day to day articles on the shows we cover such as Real Housewives, Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules, 90 Day Fiance, and more. This is only for articles and NOT for recaps.
Below are details for the part-time position. The freelance position is even more flexible.
This will be a part-time position that will pay between $1,500 to $3,000 each month.
Responsibilities will include:
– Being available from 9am to 1pm Eastern Time from Mondays to Fridays.
– Working five days a week, and a few hours one Saturday a month.
– Pitching reality TV stories each morning via email by 9am. By 10:00am if working that Saturday.
– Doing phone interviews with reality stars on rare occasions. There will be opportunities to travel and interview the reality stars on occasion. While occasional phone interviews are part of the job, any traveling will be completely optional.
– Basic social media use.
– A passion for Reality TV! Especially the Real Housewives and the other shows we regularly cover. Watching these shows and knowing what the storylines are is NECESSARY in order to be able to pitch, pick, and write stories.
– Ability to know and pick the best stories for the site.
– Being able to multitask and work on deadline.
How to Apply –
- Please send a brief bio, a list of your favorite reality TV shows, your resume, and a writing sample to us at [email protected]
- Writing samples can be links to an online article that you’ve written about reality TV news. If you don’t have any online stories related to reality TV news, you will need to write up a writing sample based on recent reality TV news that you think would be great for the site. Preferably stories that haven’t been covered on the site. Of course, your work/writing samples will NOT be published anywhere.
TIP – We strongly advise looking at our past articles to get an idea of how we write our stories, the format, etc,. and follow those guidelines for your writing samples.
Why You Want This Gig – In addition to being able to write about the TV shows you already love to watch, there will be opportunities to learn, to travel to cover events and interview reality stars, to get bonuses, and promotions in the future!
Top Stories This Week!