RHOC Recap: Emily Accuses Heather of Lying Amid Fight as the Ladies Confront Her for Keeping Home Sale a Secret, and Ryan Meets Jen’s Mom

by Julia Comments

RHOC Recap: Heather Throws a Party to Launch Her HD Network; Ryan Meets Jenn's Mom for the First Time; Emily Beefs With Heather During a Girls' Trip in Mexico

“Don’t poke holes in someone else’s boat.” On this episode of the Real Housewives of Orange County, it’s a classic case of jealousy coupled with too much champagne. Emily unleashes on Heather after making a fool of herself at an event and Heather is tired of her “friends” not celebrating life’s victories with her. As the girls navigate this trip in Mexico, there’s only one question: team Heather or team Emily?

Shannon visits her bestie, Dr. Moon, and she claims to be stressed…mainly cuz of all the sh*t talking about her relationship with John. Dr. Moon does his best to “dejam” Shannon and we learn that she is now in business with him.  That’s right: Shannon is working on creating an even better at-home colonic and she has high hopes to “turn sh*t into gold.” Can’t make it up.

Jenn‘s mom is visiting, and I have to say, she looks more like Jenn’s sister than her mother.  Talk about good genes! Jenn’s mom lives in Oklahoma and since the divorce, the trips to California have become less and less.  However, time has passed and now her mom is back in the picture. Jenn cries to her mother that she never meant to hurt her ex-husband (who her mom adores), but she met Ryan and is excited to talk about the future with him. And so, Jenn’s mom is meeting Ryan for the first time tomorrow and Jenn is hoping her mom will fall in love with Ryan’s backwards hats and acid wash jeans, too.

The crew is prepping for Heather’s Fireside HD Network event.  She is launching the first lifestyle network and so to celebrate, Heather has decided to throw a party at NoBu.  I’m kidding.  We all know how that ended… Tamra and Jenn both roll up as matching highlighters in their neon green ensembles and we learn that Shannon is not coming to the event. Turns out that Shannon cancelled 20 minutes before the party, and that leaves the ladies scratching their heads.

Emily shares that she is irritated with Heather.  The story goes that Heather told Emily that Shannon was sh*t talking Emily at Bravocon.  Emily tried to push Heather to expand on it, but Heather refused, claiming that information is in the vault.  Ok, but why even TELL Emily if you cannot give all the deets?!

I have to tell you…for a couple in the press for a cheating scandal, Terry and Heather are quite touchy feely (for the cameras?) at this event.  I mean, I would be clingy to my husband if I just sold my house with him for $55 million.  They do an excited jig like two little trolls and although Heather wants to celebrate the sale, she realizes the focus for the night is the HD network.

Heather (attempts) to explain the Fireside app to her guests and states that everything on the network is live, but lives on in perpetuity like a Peloton class, or TikTok, or Instagram live.  Yea, I don’t get the allure either, but I digress.

As dinner is served, the women learn that Jenn has yet to introduce Ryan to her mother and all the ladies commiserate about needing a break from their men. Tamra suggests a Mexico trip and everyone jumps on board.  Let’s just hope Emily remembers to agreeing to this trip tomorrow morning as she is absolutely wasted.  Emily is acting out partially from the excessive champagne consumption, but mainly because she is p*ssed at Heather and has not had the chance to discuss her feelings with her yet.

Emily suggests that Heather should put her initials on more things… which is a HILARIOUS dig at Heather, who has branded HD on any and everything on the table scape and décor.  I am cracking up when Gina states in her confessional that Emily should just call her after the event to talk sh*t like normal people do, but instead Emily is acting crass, according to Heather. Emily just wants Heather to break into her vault and tell her what Shannon said at Bravocon.  As Emily continues her sloppy, but kinda funny, behavior, Heather is understanding that this behavior is purposeful towards her.

After the event, Heather and Terry walk through their house, feigning that this will be the last time they’ll ever set foot in that place since it’s been sold. Heather left the new owners a note and some stuffed teddy bears, but there also happens to be a perfectly chilled bottle of champagne that the Dubrows tap into.

As they sip champagne in their empty compound, Heather brings up how horrible Emily was at the event.  This type of behavior, according to Heather, is exactly why she is still withholding the sale of their home from the group. As Terry and Heather have the world’s most awkward celebratory dance moment, we are treated to a montage of memories made in that home from seasons’ past.  If these walls could talk…

The next day, Tamra gives Shannon a call and Shannon is sticking to the same story she gave Heather for missing the event:  she doesn’t feel good.  Tamra then spills the tea about Emily’s drunken antics and Shannon tells Tamra that she got a call from Heather and Heather essentially reprimanded her (for being rude). I mean, there’s an RSVP date for a reason, Shan…I don’t really blame Heather’s annoyance.

In real time while on the phone with Shannon, Tamra sees a news article that Heather sold her house for $55 million dollars.  This is the first time ANY of the ladies heard this news. The rest of the girls find out and are questioning why they are finding things out about Heather via news articles.  No one can understand why Heather tells them nothing and Tamra and Shannon point out that Heather lets no one into her life.

I’m glad Ryan dressed up in his best denim and camo jacket to meet Jenn’s mom for the first time.  What a choice.  What a look. Ryan asks Jenn’s mom if it’s weird for her and the answer is most definitely YES.  He dives right into his unfaithfulness (an odd choice to start with) and claims he is an open book.  Jenn’s mom is a cheerleader for Jenn’s ex, which makes things awkward and Ryan talks boldly about making a future with Jenn.

OF COURSE Ryan is excited for Jenn to go to Mexico…time to fly solo and get himself in trouble? Shannon is hopeful this trip will be fun and before we know it, they are all rolling up to the airport for the girls’ trip. And don’t worry, vacation Shannon is ready to rock.

The women check out their suites and believe it or not, despite having to share rooms, it is up to everyone’s standards. Tamra is the first to ask Heather about the sale of her home and Heather explains how she had to be out of the house in 3 weeks. She didn’t say anything to anyone because their was a NDA and…she didn’t feel like she could share it with the group without being called a braggart.

Shannon points out that a month ago Heather was on her case for not sharing enough and here is Heather, not sharing important things in her life. Emily takes this chance to jump in and Heather tries to shut her down by telling Emily she has been “unkind” to her for weeks.  Heather then calls Emily a d*ck and when the Mexican waiter calls this a soap opera, it is incredible.

Tamra is trying her best not to laugh and so is Gina at this point because here are two grown women going back and forth with each other, body shaming and pointing out who hurt who more.  After much ado, Emily finally lets Heather know the Bravocon issue is at the crux of her beef, but Heather calls bullsh*t and Shannon swears that Heather was not in her room during Bravocon. Emily tells Heather she is a “f*cking liar” and to that Heather calls Emily a “sh*tty friend.” Heather is tired of being held to a different set of standards and Emily is tired of Heather waving her hands around and calling it truth. For the lawyer that she is, Emily does not argue her case as well as Heather does and the mocking ain’t cutting it. To be continued…

TELL US – THOUGHTS ON THIS EPISODE OF RHOC?

Blah September 7, 2023 - 10:45 am

Emily is a sloppy fat drunk and there is nothing cute or funny for a grown up woman to act like a pig. The way she was eating was grossing me out and honestly if I were Heather, I would have taken the caviar away and thrown some mud at her. I’m sorry, I have standards.

Heather and Terry are annoying but without them we would be watching fat Emily’s underarms and her eating, walmart Gina and gramda Sue.

Shannon deserves all the unhappiness she has in the world and will die unhappy

Jealous, jealous bitches and I don’t even like Heather

Realitynot September 7, 2023 - 10:46 am

Heather is Heather. She doesn’t try to be anyone else but Heather. She also enjoys being snobby but that’s Heather. I always wondered if they build huge homes just to sell later.
Gina- just is not a good fit to me. I don’t have an issue with living in a condo. I just think she belongs on RHOCondo. Maybe I’m wrong?
Shannon is not going to make money on that new investment.

Crazy Eyes! September 7, 2023 - 10:00 am

“Don’t poke holes in someone else’s boat.” Well, I think it’s safe to say that the S.S. Pretentious ran into a huge ice berg called Emily!!! Wow, that was a treat to behold!! She said everything that everyone was thinking!!! I absolutely LOVED IT!!! And then Heather’s retelling of the whole situation was completely exaggerated as usual!!! Like she always does with Shannon, “you came screaming back to your seat at me”! And this latest venture of Heather’s will be yet another failure, like her restaurant, or her “acting” career, or skincare line!!!

Blah September 7, 2023 - 10:59 am

U got the huge part right. Next episode Emily causes a tsunami

Nbarny September 7, 2023 - 10:08 am

So yet another drunk making definitive statements only to find out later it was Tamara that was talking trash about everyone and not Shannon. Go to rehab and get a grip, she comes off as a slobbering mess.

Housewife of Malibu September 7, 2023 - 10:13 am

Thoughts:
-Emily was a sloppy drunk mess. It was funny, embarrassing and a little sad.
-Jenn is revealing a lot of her life. Wonder if she will regret it. I like her mom.
-Tammy Sue is no one’s friend. I hope Jenn starts sharing some of Tammy’s dirt.
-Why is Heather on the show? She doesn’t like these women and would never associate with them in real life. The money can’t be a motivator, so it must be all about branding. However, this show is not really that great for a brand at this point. Heather needs to walk away while she still has some dignity left.
-Gina finally had an episode when she wasn’t completely annoying.
-Shannon finally made it through an episode without having a meltdown.
-Not looking forward to next week’s Pigtoria visit.
-This episode was actually semi-enjoyable for a change.
-I love Playa del Carmen. It is my favorite place in Mexico.

GlassStones September 7, 2023 - 8:12 pm

I agree with everything you said. I like to watch Heather and see the life style she leads, but I wonder if she stays on, even if it is beneath her, because she likes the lime light- no matter what.

Good for heather and Terry for making their money- I’ll watch them from afar…i don’t think I could stomach being their friends

VLB September 7, 2023 - 10:26 am

Emily and Gina need to go! Can’t stand either one of them. Jealous!

veronicar September 7, 2023 - 10:29 am

-I don’t have a problem with Heather but the scenes of her and Terry dancing in their house at the end of the episode were so planned and cringe.
-Emily making fun of all the HD stuff and saying she was surprised they didn’t get branded on the way in made me laugh out loud.
-Gina is useless.
-I think Jenn is so beautiful and nice and I like her, but I don’t like the situation with her parents. If she was unhappy in her marriage, she should not have to stay in it because her parents love her husband or don’t like divorce. Ryan is a terrible dresser and douchy, but her Mom not wanting to meet him for 2 years is petty and childish. Jenn is in her 40s and her parents don’t get a say on how she lives her life.
-Tamra and her manufactured drama are still the worst.

Crazy Eyes! September 7, 2023 - 12:32 pm

Every scene that she leads is totally rehearsed beforehand!! Like her take down of Shannon that sounded like dialogue from Dynasty!! It’s the only acting gig she’s got left!!

Anita Pardon September 7, 2023 - 10:38 am Reply
Rosemarie September 7, 2023 - 10:41 am

Great recap Julia!

LizardlipsVyle September 7, 2023 - 10:41 am

Shannon is just exhausting and a huge narcissist A.hole. She doesn’t need Dr Moon!!! That woman needs a shrink. I’m no psychologist but I think she has some kind of personality disorder. I’m sick of her constant screeching and pretending to be the life of the party.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 10:46 am

Shannon is an asshole who was lucky she was born rich and was married to a richer man or else she would’ve been punched in the face by now

LizardlipsVyle September 7, 2023 - 10:57 am

An emotional vampire. I just had to FF her solo scene. She’s starting to make my skin crawl.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 11:00 am

I always found her gross and didn’t blame David for cheating

veronicar September 7, 2023 - 11:19 am

Same. David was a douche but Shannon is a lunatic and I didn’t blame him for leaving her.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 11:21 am

Remember when she made boiled quinoa with nothing added and forced her whole family to eat that cause she was fat? I am always on a diet but I don’t force my in shape husband to eat my boiled spinach. And no salsa? That would be grounds for a divorce

veronicar September 7, 2023 - 2:58 pm

Yes! And she did all that while refusing to exercise.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 3:10 pm

Then made David go through her fresh poop after an enema because a piece of plastic was lodged in her ass

FrankTucson September 7, 2023 - 2:01 pm

If you were married to Shannon, while being continually belittled like a child and in a sexless marriage, while working your butt off, you’d become a douche too.

veronicar September 7, 2023 - 2:57 pm

Uh, ok.

startingnottolikebravo September 7, 2023 - 4:20 pm

Me either, bitch is batty!!!

veronicar September 7, 2023 - 11:19 am

She is worse than ever this season.

LizardlipsVyle September 7, 2023 - 11:28 am

Must be. She always got on my nerves but I can no longer stand the sight of her.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 10:45 am

Shannon deserves all the unhappiness she has in the world and will die unhappy

Jealous, jealous bitches and I don’t even like Heather

Realitynot September 7, 2023 - 10:49 am

While Emily ate the cucumber, did you notice at one point juice was dripping from her lips?

Blah September 7, 2023 - 10:55 am

Yup and then she tried putting a lettuce in her mouth like a cow which suited her. So jealous cause she has to do anal with tiny Shane to get his parent’s money

Realitynot September 7, 2023 - 12:20 pm

It looked so bad.

LizardlipsVyle September 7, 2023 - 11:43 am

I don’t like Heather either, but she can’t be compared with those bitter fools. She’s not willing to embarrass herself and her family for a Bravo check. She may be a haughty braggart, but she is very intelligent and carries herself well.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 11:44 am

Agree. She is also the only few people I would travel with because she respects rules and culture

Realitynot September 7, 2023 - 10:46 am

Shannon is not going to make money on that new investment.

Ginger Snap September 7, 2023 - 3:04 pm

That’s how they have big bucks is from building and selling homes. This house proves it. It is all Heather.

Realitynot September 7, 2023 - 4:03 pm

It’s a smart investment for them.

Girlwithdiamondearrings September 7, 2023 - 5:49 pm

doubtful they would have moved as soon, but $55 and such a volatile housing market . I would have sold too

KLeigh September 7, 2023 - 10:50 am

I loved Heather and Terry not giving 55 million $hits about these chicks. If you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t, then do you!
Emily knows she was wrong in this one (she can’t even watch the scene). She was too drunk to act appropriately and her friend Gina, should have pulled her from the table to get it together. A little ribbing can be funny, but Emily was channeling her inner mean girl because she was pissed with Heather.

Also, on WWHL, Emily and Gina say that Heather talked about Shannon’s relationship around production, so that’s how it got out. I can’t remember a time when production had lines and said something on air about the relationship. Emily and Gina are still deflecting.
I hope that Heather gets an apology from Emily at the reunion for calling her a liar about saying Shannon was talking crap about her at BravoCon when it was Tamra.

And once again, Tamra seems to get away clean.

Girlwithdiamondearrings September 7, 2023 - 5:48 pm

they ALL talked about it, including Shannon. How do we know Shannon didnt drunk call production? they all talk about each other alll the time. I dont get why its wrong for heather and why gina and Emily keep getting a pass

Miranda Pierpont September 7, 2023 - 11:02 am

Good episode. I liked Heather getting needled and I liked Heather clapping back. The bottom line is they don’t like Heather, they can’t be happy for her, and they’re probably jealous. Also, she doesn’t like them.

Housewife of Malibu September 7, 2023 - 11:17 am

Ding, ding, ding! Heather is slumming it with these women…she knows it and they know it.

Supatall2u September 7, 2023 - 11:06 am

TeamDubrow – Emily is just jealous she doesn’t have what Heather has nor is her hubby as successful as Terry. Shannon needs to go to rehab

Meg September 7, 2023 - 11:09 am

Heather just can’t win with these women. I am team Heather, because I don’t like a gang up on one cast member. Heather isn’t doing or saying anything that these women aren’t also guilty of.

Shayvoe September 7, 2023 - 11:15 am

Heather has played her part in many gang ups. Alexis and Shannon especially. Finally, she is seeing how it feels to be ganged up on and left out.

Meg September 7, 2023 - 12:41 pm

Yeah that’s a good point. They were playing some old OC on the tv the other day, and I noticed how insufferable and mean Shannon is. If it isn’t about her and doesn’t relate to her or her situation she doesn’t care about it. I am more tired of Shannon and her antics this season tbh.

The Dutch Slut September 7, 2023 - 12:57 pm

And how nasty she was to Kelly dodd in Ireland
.. I know people hate Kelly but Heather was disgusting on that trip

Crazy Eyes! September 7, 2023 - 12:30 pm

Oh how many stupid parties do we need to endure where she “celebrating herself”??? She had a god damn party for a name change for Christ’s sake!!!

Meg September 7, 2023 - 12:40 pm

Ehh I don’t mind her parties. They are lavish and pretty to look at, and are a staple in housewives. Lots of housewives have stupid parties celebrating themselves. So many have had “new beginnings” parties or whatever. I don’t mind it.

Blah September 7, 2023 - 12:55 pm

I literally watch this show to see rich people throw parties.

Girlwithdiamondearrings September 7, 2023 - 3:53 pm

they all have dumb parties for dumb reasons. but its why I watch. prefer to see a splashy party than just sitting in a restaurant

ScrappieONE September 7, 2023 - 11:25 am

So why hasn’t Dr. Moon told Shannon the reason her gut is sagging is from all the alcohol she drinks, does he not feel her liver..

????Veronica Mars????️‍♀️(Courtney) September 7, 2023 - 2:04 pm

When Dr. Moon was telling Shannon that she eats too much, talks too much, I couldn’t help but think, ????drink too much too much!???? In that Dave Matthews band song “Too Much” tune. ????????

Kyle’s FlyingHelicopterHair September 7, 2023 - 12:50 pm

We have seen the nasty come out of Emily. I can’t stand when she gets drunk and brazen. So loud and emotional. I hope she sees her behavior and is repulsed.

The Dutch Slut September 7, 2023 - 12:55 pm

Dude Heather with her HD Network… fucking stupid

I loved Heather finally going for to toe and not trying to sweep things away. I’m here for it

Tamra was def the one talking shit

I’m loving drunk over the top Emily…. yaaaaas

Shannon also doesn’t have to respond to Heather on Heather’s timeliness.

. Who fucking cares

fluffy September 7, 2023 - 1:13 pm

Heather is wealthy! When she shows her life, she is showing how wealthy people live. These other women then accuse her of bragging. How is she going to show her life without showing her wealth?

JaneJ September 7, 2023 - 1:46 pm

She belongs on BH. Shannon rents, Tamra moves every two years, Gina lives in a tiny house with 7 other people, Emily lives off her in-laws. Love her or hate her, Heather is too rich and fabulous for this show.

Girlwithdiamondearrings September 7, 2023 - 3:50 pm

I died laughing when mine said the suite was bigger than her condo

JaneJ September 7, 2023 - 1:49 pm

What a horrid picture of Emily up top.

Girlwithdiamondearrings September 7, 2023 - 3:50 pm

she didnt look great at that dinner

Ginger Snap September 7, 2023 - 5:15 pm

That was so embarrassing. She lost a lot of points last night.

GlassStones September 7, 2023 - 8:13 pm

Right?!!?

startingnottolikebravo September 7, 2023 - 2:21 pm

If she had told them she sold her house for $55 million dollars they would all say how she was bragging, I don’t think Heather can ever win with these jealous bitches..I say you go Heather & Terry!!

Girlwithdiamondearrings September 7, 2023 - 3:49 pm

exactly- and she stated this clearly. Plus she wasn’t expecting it to be leaked in the press and was going to tell them and celebrate in Mexico. I dont see the big deal- they all keep things from each other and reveal it on camera when the timing is right

Lolita Laurence September 7, 2023 - 2:42 pm

gina even said she was in the room w heather when the convo took place and she could not remember if tamara name or shannon name came up so for emily to go so hard on heather when the story is not straight forward is dumb. Second emily acted stupid at heather party no class disrespectful if someone should be pest off it should be heather emily is just deflecting lol

Heidi September 7, 2023 - 2:59 pm

I just can’t with Shannon screeching in Spanish about alcohol. And I’m not looking forward to Vicki next week at all.

???? PeaceLife ???? September 7, 2023 - 3:05 pm

Me either! Vicki is the worst.
It’s not fun or cute when they’re all together it’s embarrassing and boring really.

???? PeaceLife ???? September 7, 2023 - 3:03 pm

Ugh. These women are exhausting.

MayHud September 7, 2023 - 4:03 pm

Can someone explain to me why Gina is talking the way that she does? Is it a lazy voice? Is she trying to copy someone’s accent? Whatever it is, the way she speaks is freakin annoying.

Ginger Snap September 7, 2023 - 5:13 pm

She’s ridiculous, boring and fake.

Auntie Oxidant September 7, 2023 - 4:30 pm

I’ve always found Heather to be a pretentious snob, but damn these other housewives are making me be Team Heather this season. With the exception of Jenn, who has her own drama and is wisely staying out of the dump on Heather parade, they have all been awful. Even Taylor kept it going in her appearance this week on WWHL. They need to do some self reflection because when your behavior makes Heather the housewife that most people relate to, you are doing something wrong.

Bklyn Diamond September 8, 2023 - 2:26 pm

Heather has always been pretentious but she has never been mean. She is the snobby friend that you know in a pinch is going to be ride or die. I like her, the pretentiousness doesn’t bother me because I am not jealous of it. She got the life….good for her.

These ladies are just jealous and will turn anything she says into a snobby comment when it’s not.

Lisa Barlow’s Cankles September 7, 2023 - 7:20 pm

Shannag needs rehab and Gina needs to move back in with her parents and jump ship
for Housewives of Jersey. None of them have any money, either, so it shouldn’t matter that she’d be in Long Island.

Nathaniel Gray September 7, 2023 - 9:13 pm

There are plenty of people on Long Island with lots of money.

Besusn September 7, 2023 - 7:59 pm

Heather is the only OCHW who’s husband has a major career and brings in major bucks. These puffed up bleached hags are so jealous of Heather. It comes out of every drunken pore and frizzled strand of hair extension.

Nathaniel Gray September 7, 2023 - 9:12 pm

I think they were jealous, but Heather is so obnoxious that now I think they simply just don’t like her.

Heather is insufferable.

DubrowsPointyFinger September 7, 2023 - 8:42 pm

I’m not a fan of Heather’s, but why is she obligated to tell them she sold her house? I feel sorry for the packers and the movers who she was giving orders too!

Nathaniel Gray September 7, 2023 - 9:11 pm

I am watching the show now and just saw Emily tell Heather that she’s surprised they didn’t get branded when they showed up.

Lmao! She was rude but that was funny as hell!

Bklyn Diamond September 8, 2023 - 2:17 pm

I am team Heather. For all her pretentiousness this show is about lifestyle and Heather is the only one who is truly living that lifestyle and they are all jealous.

I wouldn’t have told this pack of hyenas a thing as well. One she had a NDA that prevents her from saying a thing and two – they would not have been happy for her even a little bit, as their actions showed. She sold her house not got diagnosed with cancer and had life saving surgery and kept it quite. It was a house sale and with a NDA for $55 million I would not have told myself.

This show really shows how some women just cannot be happy and supportive of the success of other women in their circle without the green-eyes of jealousy creeping in. Heather would fit better in BH.