According to a new report, Bravo TV is still considering giving the show the boot after a potential new cast member who had been filming didn’t end up working out for the upcoming installment of the reality series.
“A new woman was test filming with the ladies, like a try-out, but she didn’t work,” an insider told Radar Online. ”They have tried out a few women, but none of them are working. Production is completely held up.”
The report went on to reveal that while the women of the show, including Teresa Giudice, Melissa Gorga, Dolores Catania, and Margaret Josephs, were set to begin filming earlier this month, production never began and currently, the cast and crew remains on hiatus.
“Filming that was scheduled to start February 1 is now going to start in March. And none of this is making the producers happy!” the insider noted.
The source added that due to the postponement of season nine, the women of The Real Housewives of New Jersey are feeling pressured to change the vibe of the Bravo TV reality series. While season eight included a number of controversial moments amongst the cast, including a bathroom hookup between Danielle Staub and her fiancé, producers are reportedly hoping to clean up the show ahead of season nine.
“The pressure to change the show is resting with all of the ladies this time,” the source explained. “Producers are still threatening to cancel the show for good if nothing works out.”
“After much reflection and Bravo’s support, I have decided that this will be my last season on The Real Housewives of New Jersey,” Flicker said in a statement to The Daily Dish at the time. “I am grateful to the network for allowing me to be part of this successful franchise and wish only the best for Teresa, Melissa, Dolores, Danielle and Margaret. At this time, I want to focus on my beautiful family, my growing business and some exciting new projects.”
Photo Credit: Bravo
Top Stories This Week!