Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Real Housewives of New York City

RHONY’s Bethenny Frankel ‘In Tears’ After Near-Fatal Allergic Reaction, Plus Her Plane Is Forced to Turn Around

RHONY's Bethenny Frankel 'In Tears' After Near-Fatal Allergic Reaction, Plane Forced to Turn Around

Bethenny Frankel shared a tragic story about a deadly allergic reaction on Instagram on Thursday, just weeks after the Real Housewives of New York City star suffered an allergic reaction of her own.

First, the Bravo reality star took to Twitter to reveal how a plane she was on was forced to turn back around after she discovered they were serving fish on the flight, which she’s extremely allergic to.

“Called airline [multiple times] to say I have fish allergy. Got on & they’re serving bass,” she wrote on January 3. “They couldn’t not serve it they said. Then they were turning around which I protested bc it would delay people. Cabin asked to not serve it & pilot made announcement to plane. That was fun. #epilife.”

While she didn’t name the airline, she later added that “being trapped in a cabin w no windows w cooking fish is a death trap.”

When some of her followers wondered why Bethenny couldn’t fly private or buy her own plane, she made it clear that she wasn’t wealthy enough to be able to afford such a thing.

“I ain’t got it like that. And I want to work less not more,” she answered honestly.

Bethenny also took to her Instagram Stories, where she posted a screenshot of a story from the New York Post which chronicled the devastating end of an 11-year-old boy’s life due to his severe fish allergy.

“This is bringing me to tears. When it’s happening, you know you’re dying. Poor baby,” she wrote in the caption of her post.

RHONY Bethenny Frankel Shares Allergic Reaction Story

In the story Bethenny shared, it was revealed that the young boy, Camron Jean-Pierre, had passed out at his grandmother’s home after arriving at the residence, where fish was being cooked. Although the child did not eat any of the fish, he passed out after inhaling the fumes and after going in and out of consciousness for some time, he was sadly pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

As fans of The Real Housewives of New York City will recall, Bethenny suffered an allergic reaction to fish she consumed in a bowl of soup in Boston, Massachusetts, where she was visiting her new boyfriend Paul Bernon.

On Twitter, she revealed her experience to fans.

“I have a rare fish allergy. Sunday, I had soup, itched & was unconscious for 15 mins then to ER & ICU for 2 days w BP of 60/40,” Bethenny shared on December 17. “I couldn’t talk, see, thought I had a stroke & dying & told if 5 mins later I’d be dead. 911 & EPI saved me. I’ll never not carry an #epipen.”

Following the incident, Bethenny credited boyfriend Paul with saving her life.

Photo Credit: Charles Sykes/Bravo

178 Comments
Advertisement

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Follow us and get the latest news delivered to your timeline!
Advertisement

You May Also Like

Real Housewives of Atlanta

Vanderpump Rules

Real Housewives of New Jersey

Featured Posts

Copyright © 2021