REPORT: RHONJ is Set to Begin Test Filming With Newbies for Season 15, Find Out Which Cast Members Are Not “in the Running” to Return

by Lindsay Cronin
0 comment
REPORT: RHONJ is Set to Begin Test Filming With Newbies for Season 15, Find Out Which Cast Members Are Not "in the Running" to Return

Credit: Eugene Gologursky/Bravo

The Real Housewives of New Jersey season 15 is reportedly in the works.

The 14th season of RHONJ featured Teresa Giudice, 53, Melissa Gorga, 46, Dolores Catania, 55, Margaret Josephs, 58, Jennifer Aydin, 48, Danielle Cabral, 40, Rachel Fuda, 34, Jackie Goldschneider, 49, and Jennifer Fessler, 55. Now, nearly two years after the series was put on pause after the 14th season ended with a cast divide due to Teresa and Melissa’s since-ended estrangement, Bravo is planning to test film with possible new cast members. 

“While Jennifer Aydin and Rachel Fuda aren’t in the running, the rest of the cast is,” an insider told Radar Online on February 19. “It’s possible they could bring some of them back or all of them back to see how they interact with the potential newbies.”

Although who will participate in test filming with the new women “remains unknown,” the source said that by the end of this month, decisions will be made and producers will “get these new people in front of a camera to see how they perform.”

Still, the insider continued, it is not a sure thing that RHONJ will return.

“Don’t forget they did test filming last year, and it went nowhere,” the source explained. “It all depends on the chemistry of the women once they’re in front of cameras and if they see a viable show that could be made from their interactions. If they don’t, it may be back to the drawing board.”

“However,” they continued, “this could be a positive sign, because if they like what they see, the show will likely start filming sooner rather than later and finally be back on fans’ screens.”

As RHONJ fans will recall, Melissa, Dolores, and Margaret reportedly filmed test scenes with a group of potential newbies last summer, as Teresa was oddly left out.

This latest news comes just months after Real Housewives executive Andy Cohen, 57, said on a December episode of the WWHL: After Show that cameras wouldn’t be back up “for a minute,” despite Teresa and Melissa’s reconciliation.

The Real Housewives of New Jersey has been on pause since its 14th season concluded in August 2024.