Kyle Cooke Shares the Real Reason for Carl & Lindsay’s Split and Gives an Update on Their Living Situation After Wedding is Called Off

by Lindsay Cronin
Kyle Cooke Confirms Carl and Lindsay Were in "Constant" Therapy Before Split, Says Carl is Basically "Homeless," Trying "Very Hard" to Be Respectful and Give Lindsay "Space"

Credit: Clifton Prescod/Bravo

Kyle Cooke opened up about the moments leading up to Carl Radke and Lindsay Hubbard‘s split and revealed how they’ve been handling the breakup during an interview on Wednesday.

While noting that Carl, 38, and Lindsay, 37, were having communication issues before Carl called off their November wedding in Mexico, the Summer House star, 41, who recently made his season three debut in Winter House, insisted that despite the breakup being Carl’s decision, he is equally brokenhearted.

“I want to emphasize they’re both hurting,” Kyle told E! News on October 25. “This is a very unfortunate situation. I think Carl has tried very, very hard to be as respectful as possible. Yes, he’s the one who called it off and he’s giving her space. He’s basically homeless letting her live in the apartment that they both pay for. But he drew the line in the sand.”

As for why he drew that line, Kyle signaled to communication issues.

“It’s no secret that they’ve been in constant couple’s therapy ever since they basically started dating,” Kyle shared. “From my perspective, there were times where I was like, ‘Man, it’s almost like the only time they could communicate on any given week was in therapy.”

While Carl and Lindsay made an effort to build lines between one another, they couldn’t get on the same page.

“It’s almost like they couldn’t even communicate anymore without a third party,” Kyle explained, “and Carl was like, ‘That is not how I’m gonna spend the next 50 years of my life.”

As Kyle confirmed Carl is “trying to figure this all out in real-time,” Danielle Olivera, 34, revealed how Lindsay is coping.

“She’s way better, we’re on the up and up,” Danielle told E! News on October 19. “It was really sad for a bit, she wasn’t really leaving her apartment. But I think she’s got some trips under her belt now.”

As Summer House fans will recall, Lindsay recently went forward with her bachelorette trip to the Bahamas, which included Danielle, Samantha Feher, 26, Gabby Prescod, 32, and Jaclyn Shuman.

“I just can’t wait till we get to the point where she’s single Lindsay, where she’s out there and we get to go out and paint the town red. She’s getting back out there, slowly but surely,” she added.

Winter House season three airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on Bravo.

Pahleeeeez October 28, 2023 - 2:41 pm

My question is, if they could not communicate and were in weekly therapy from the start, WHY DID THAT FUCKBOY PROPOSE? For TV? Did HE need a storyline?? Also, nothing explains why that asshole would grab a camera person to FILM his breakup with her ON CAMERA. Dick move from a dick human. And the whole Carl has been living out of a suitcase thing to give Lindsey space….Give me a break. This child needs to man up and use his big boy words to arrange to get his things and clean up the mess HE made. Lets not forget that he not only blindsided Lindsey, but stiffed
all of their wedding guests who paid
a lot of money to attend their destination wedding. Carl is avoiding dealing with what needs to be dealt with because HE is weak and selfish. He is not ready to deal. This is NOT about giving Lindsey space. It is all about him and where he is at.

Pahleeeeez October 28, 2023 - 2:41 pm

all of their wedding guests who paid

Lea October 28, 2023 - 6:07 pm

I like Kyle, but he is going to be on Carl’s side. I prefer how Danielle is handling this. She said she hasn’t spoken to Carl (that tells me a lot) and instead says how Lindsay is doing emotionally.

Crazy Eyes! October 28, 2023 - 2:25 pm

What a collection of worthless morons!!!

LeftyRighty October 28, 2023 - 2:31 pm

Wow she kept calling him her best friend. Impossible if they couldn’t communicate except during therapy.

ScrappieONE October 28, 2023 - 2:36 pm

I understand people wanting to blame Carl for all of this, but there were two people involved in this relationship. Yes, Carl asked Lindsey to marry him, but Lindsey also said yes.

These two had no business getting engaged in the first place especially with all the obstacles they were facing, including therapy since the beginning: Carl’s sobriety is hard enough, but Lindsey was still choosing to drink and when she drinks, she becomes aggressive and argumentive and Carl seemed to shut down when this happened. This marriage was doomed.

Sometimes, I think people are so much “in love” with being “in love” the important stuff goes out the window.

Sadly, two lives were damaged, and the loss of a good friendship destroyed but hopefully they both come out of this better people.

Pahleeeeez October 28, 2023 - 2:47 pm

People are not blaming that fuckboy for breaking things off. People are blaming Carl for the WAY he handled the breakup. He CHOSE to crush Lindsey ON CAMERA, then ran away.

Pahleeeeez October 28, 2023 - 2:47 pm

ScrappieONE October 28, 2023 - 2:48 pm

Possibly but I’ll hold out my judgement until it’s aired.

veronicar October 28, 2023 - 4:16 pm

I agree with you 100%!

Jane_one October 28, 2023 - 2:36 pm

I don’t watch the show, but from what I have read I think they were both idiots to continue their relationship when it screamed we are not compatible. If you have to have counseling while you are dating then just how big of a red flag do you need? Morons, both of them.

Pahleeeeez October 28, 2023 - 2:41 pm

all of their wedding guests who paid

Lea October 28, 2023 - 6:12 pm

I also assume they cannot break the lease, or it would equal months of living there, so it makes sense to stay until it ends. Isn’t a chivalrous action on Carl’s part like they are saying, its purely financial and legal. He ended it, so she gets to stay.

Pahleeeeez October 28, 2023 - 11:57 pm

Exactly. And who thinks he is paying half the rent? Not me.

Wicked Cupcake October 28, 2023 - 3:37 pm

I get tired of “communication ” issues as the go to excuse. You don’t propose to someone, plan a wedding and let things percolate IF communication, from the get go is poor. Carl has more than drugs/alcoholism as a problem. Yeeeesh.

veronicar October 28, 2023 - 4:15 pm

They never should have got engaged in the first place.

The Belle of the Ball October 28, 2023 - 4:40 pm

Is Kyle the spokesman for Carl?

Jshappyday October 28, 2023 - 8:58 pm

the underground train October 28, 2023 - 5:07 pm

I know Danielle, Paige and crew said they were not doing an ‘I told you so” to Lindsay but you have to admit they weren’t wrong all along

Tee October 29, 2023 - 4:54 am

Yes I agree Tut, I think there was more of an issue with Danielle’s delivery, which was not great at the time

Lea October 28, 2023 - 6:07 pm

Jshappyday October 28, 2023 - 8:56 pm

Kyle, you are Carl’s mouthpiece, as Danielle sticks up for Lindsay, you are not neutral here.Next, If Carl could not communicate at all with Lindsay like you say Kyle, then why the hell did he propose to her. They seemed to communicate great until people that were their friends, and their boss made things very difficult for them and were not supportive which is hard when friends don’t support an engagement. For Amanda and Kyle during their courtship, it was the exact opposite…everyone around them was kind and supportive for months, years even while Kyle was acting up and acting out many times (2 weeks before the wedding Amanda called him something like 32 times when he stayed out most of the night drinking) If Carl or Lindsay acted anything similar to Kyle the same “friends group” would have unloaded on them. Overall, Carl and Lindsay are not right for each other and broke up as it should be .

BeeSmart October 28, 2023 - 9:04 pm

How vague

The Dutch Slut October 29, 2023 - 8:45 pm

Carl is a piece of shit… idc I said what I said

SDWales November 3, 2023 - 1:11 am

Carl and Kyle are two obnoxious children