Producers of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills embarked on a much-needed “break” after filming wrapped on season 12.
Although rumors continue to be shared in regard to which cast members will be brought back for season 13 and who will be left out, a new report claims that no decisions about casting have been made because everyone involved in the show’s production “needed a break.”
According to a November 7 report from Radar Online, those behind RHOBH were informed two weeks ago that conversations about the upcoming episodes had not yet begun. However, at the same time, it was noted that there have been whispers that filming will resume in January — and that a decision will be made before or after Thanksgiving.
Following what was described as a “hard season,” insiders told the outlet that the drama that unfolded wasn’t only a lot for the cast, which included Kyle Richards, Lisa Rinna, Erika Jayne, Dorit Kemsley, Garcelle Beauvais, Crystal Kung-Minkoff, Sutton Stracke, Diana Jenkins, Kathy Hilton, and Sheree Zampino, to handle. It was also challenging for the series’ production team.
Now, weeks later, the ladies are said to be in a holding pattern as producers prepare to look ahead to season 13.
As the outlet revealed, the cast has been targeted with tons of rumors in recent weeks, one of which suggested Dorit was being demoted to a “friend” role, another that claimed Crystal and Diana were on the chopping block, and a third that alleged producers were “torn” about whether to bring Lisa or Kathy back to the show.
It’s even been claimed that Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville could return. But when it comes to the argument of Rinna or Kathy, producers will have to choose between one or the other as Kathy told TMZ last month that she would not be willing to reclaim her role on the show if Rinna and Erika were part of season 13.
Top Stories This Week!