RHOBH Producer Alex Baskin Explains Why Teddi Mellencamp Was Fired From Show

by Lindsay Cronin Comments
RHOBH Producer Alex Baskin Explains Why Teddi Mellencamp Was Fired From Show

Credit: ROGER WONG/INSTARimages.com/Cover Images

Teddi Mellencamp and Tamra Judge welcomed Real Housewives of Beverly Hills executive producer Alex Baskin to their podcast earlier this month, where Teddi questioned Alex about why she was fired.

Just over three years after she took to her Instagram page to share that she’d been axed after three seasons, Teddi, 42, asked Alex about the decision.

“Why did I get fired?” Teddi asked on the November 10 episode of Two Ts in a Pod as Tamra, 56, said, “Oh, sh*t.”

“Oh God. That’s tough,” Alex admitted. “In yours, I think there was a strong audience reaction to you. So I do think that was part of it. Not gonna deny that. And I also think that you were self-conscious.”

Right away, Tamra of The Real Housewives of Orange County agreed, telling Alex, “She’s very in her head.”

Although Teddi wasn’t kept around for the 11th season, Alex said that he and his team actually appreciated what Teddi brought to the show.

“The production always had your back, was a big fan of yours because you would say things that other people were thinking and wouldn’t say,” he noted, before adding, “I think it felt like then, on that show, you weren’t comfortable in your own skin. … I think that was the issue.”

“Yeah,” Teddi replied.

@twotsinapod

Why did #TeddiMellencamp get fired? #RHOBH #BravoTV #RealHousewivesofBeverlyHills #AlexBaskin #TamraJudge

♬ original sound – Two Ts In A Pod

In October 2022, one month after confirming her exit from RHOBH, Teddi explained why she believed she was cut from the show.

“I think it’s because you didn’t see a lot of me, other than in drama this year,” Teddi told Us Weekly on their Getting Real with the Housewives podcast. “If you only see me when I’m in an argument, it’s hard to see the whole picture. I wish we could have seen more of the fun stuff but it’s a TV show.”

Years later, on for Melissa Gorga’s On Display podcast, Teddi gave another reason, suggesting producers didn’t like how much she changed during her time on the series.

“I think my very first season, I started out — this is gonna sound, I’m just gonna be blunt with you, I’m gonna be completely honest — I didn’t have much money,” she said. “I dressed differently. I did everything differently. I couldn’t get glammed, none of that stuff, because you know how much you get paid your first season as a Housewife.”

Teddi also admitted to sending an angry text to producers weeks prior to getting the boot.

“At the end of my season, I was mad. I texted, the quote I texted was: ‘I’ve trended on Twitter every single week from hate and you aren’t giving me anything else but the negative. Please, I’m doing the work, I’m showing up. I need you to show my life in some other capacity,’” Teddi recalled on her podcast. “And ultimately, the goodbye happened two weeks later … I was completely surprised.”

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 13 airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on Bravo.

met November 21, 2023 - 11:19 am

OMG!
THREE years later and Turdie still cannot move pass the fact that people didn’t (and still dont) like her.
jeez, Turdie is just obsessed.
Turdie if you are reading – WE DO NOT LIKE you so move on.
So, stop asking everyone in California why you were fired.

Pahleeeeez November 21, 2023 - 1:27 pm

This Ted lady is REALLY out of touch. We’ve seen every side of her and they are ALL boring and annoying. This lady just doesnt get it – even being kicked out of Big Brother FIRST. No one, but no one can stomach her. The ONLY reason she has the podcast is because her daddy called in all of his iHeart radio favors, and the ONLY reasoon she is still on is because she was forced to get a cohost, an intetesting one with personality and charisma. Everything she lacks.

Ginger Snap November 21, 2023 - 1:06 pm

Add Big Brother to that crowd too.

Pahleeeeez November 21, 2023 - 1:27 pm

Jshappyday November 22, 2023 - 9:56 am

– the audience found her boring
– betrayed LVP while she was in mourning 4 brother
– Second season returned as Kyle’s puppy dog and hit man

Mariucci3 November 21, 2023 - 11:24 am

Turdi Menstrualcramp, you are not it. Move on, FFS.

The Dutch Slut November 21, 2023 - 11:28 am

I’ve had diarrhea more interesting than teddie

Crazy Eyes! November 21, 2023 - 11:48 am

The corn in my diarrhea is more interesting!

captainjk4 November 21, 2023 - 11:28 am

Now THAT’S an actual headline. Let’s read why this thirsty looking person I don’t think I remember was fired from the show.

Eva Meen November 21, 2023 - 11:29 am

I will admit her glow up, however she’s still glaringly insecure. But so is Sticki, Sutton, etc. So I think the answer should be, you are boring. The End.

DanaPam1 November 21, 2023 - 11:32 am

I’m glad she got the hoof! Now fire Erika who is truly vile and boring and I can watch???? Kyle can do no damage without allies so she can stay or go.

Carrie November 21, 2023 - 11:32 am

The one who said she wasn’t going to talk about her time on reality TV…she’s the worst.

Ellen in KC November 21, 2023 - 1:18 pm

And had plen-ty to say about Camille when she answer questions.

captainjk4 November 21, 2023 - 11:39 am

I’m glad the producer told the truth. The audience didn’t like her (still don’t) and she was fake (still is). Nothing we didn’t already know, but it must have ground her gears to hear it like that on her pudcast.

The Best November 21, 2023 - 11:41 am

She is just so unimportant…she’s never going to be an IT girl. give it up and go away. OT: John Janssen was spotted out with a group of people including Alexis Bellino- if you read the article, look at the instagram link….old people dancing (and yes, I am an old people) at it’s finest …well, it made me grin.

Heidi November 21, 2023 - 11:54 am

I saw that. I bet Shannon is so mad.

Pahleeeeez November 21, 2023 - 1:30 pm

Wow – he really goes after those housewives. Shitty of Alexis to do to Shannon, but smart because if nothing else this toe to him will GUARANTEE her a spot back on the show.

The Best November 21, 2023 - 1:50 pm

Great point!

Rosemarie November 21, 2023 - 1:32 pm

Where is the article??

The Best November 21, 2023 - 1:50 pm

Page Six

Crazy Eyes! November 21, 2023 - 11:46 am

Wow, I fell asleep just reading a story about Manhands Mellencramp!!!

Starr November 21, 2023 - 11:47 am

Good Gravy bore, Go Away & Alex LIED to you. You were highly disliked, aggressive, deplorable, a very, very boring smug, insecure, hateful minded louse, to quote Garcelle—a Gnat.
For the love of—–it’s been over 3 years. You were not wanted. Get over it & fast!

Heidi November 21, 2023 - 11:53 am

How many time does Teddi need confirmation that the viewers hate her, wanted her off the show, and never want her back?

JerZeeShore November 21, 2023 - 12:00 pm

Looks like she’s now hawking Rinna’s Lipshits on her IG page. Anything for a buck.

TaylorJade8 November 21, 2023 - 12:27 pm

Lipstick? All I see are eyebrows. Lot’s of eyebrows.

LeftyRighty November 21, 2023 - 12:34 pm Reply
LeftyRighty November 21, 2023 - 12:34 pm Reply
675309 November 21, 2023 - 3:18 pm

Luis Ruelas reminds me of an evil version of Howdy Doody!

Prycer November 21, 2023 - 8:47 pm

DYING!!

Pattyann November 21, 2023 - 5:53 pm

That middle photo looks like Turdy just got back from the dentist. Her upper lip is swollen and puffy probably from the novocaine. Now those two fuzzy turds on her forehead are crazy! Did she lose a bet?

Fish ???? November 22, 2023 - 12:13 am

She’s aged herself with this bullshit

DoUNeedPantiesInPrison November 21, 2023 - 12:06 pm

Shadow got fired cause no one likes her – she is a lying, ass kissing, boring basic AF bitch

Lisa Barlow’s Cankles November 21, 2023 - 12:09 pm

I find it so odd that being disliked is so motivating for her. It’s not like Rinna who has those nauseating “Yasss Queen!” fans similar to Erika who find their evil to be “iconic.” Teddi wasn’t an intentional (by producers) or contrived villain – she was just a nasty piece of work who betrayed LVP and then tried to run Denise off the show. There was no pleasure in “hate watching” her.

Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 3:08 pm

Teddi is more “colonic” than “iconic”.

JaneJ November 21, 2023 - 12:19 pm

Is Teddi insanely stupid or just delusional to not know that she’s the most hated fired housewives cast member of all time? I mean, it’s almost sad.

LeftyRighty November 21, 2023 - 12:32 pm

She’s both extremely stupid delusional and I bet she thinks persistence is a virtue. Not if you’re stupid and boring because you’re doubling down on your mental illness and low iq that we are all way too smart to put up with. Lol. She thinks she’s smarter and above the viewers when she’s so far below. Bottom of the scum! Be gone useless shadow!

Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 3:08 pm

Yes! Smart people know they don’t know everything, and Teddi thinks she knows it all.

Jane_one November 21, 2023 - 1:00 pm

I was glad she was fired and do not want to see or hear from her again. But for me it is Vicki and Rinna who share the crown of most hated HWs fired.

JaneJ November 21, 2023 - 2:14 pm

I just meant because she has no fans. Even Vicki and Rinna have their fans. So do lots of other awful ones like Jill Zarin and Brandi, but Teddi is universally hated. No one ever defends her.

Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 3:05 pm

I find it so funny because it was the most understandable firing in the world to everyone but her. Even when it happened, she was like, “welp, they fired me” – like Eeyore being kicked off the cheerleading squad. Yet she remains confused? Starvation is REALLY unhealthy for the brain, and Teddi is an excellent example of that.

LuvsSnark November 21, 2023 - 4:27 pm

Yep. Explains why there are so few brain cells left up there.

LeftyRighty November 21, 2023 - 12:25 pm

Lol even after asking directly why she’s fired she’s still blaming the edit. You’re just boring Turdie if you’re not fighting with someone over something stupid illogical and made up you’re just plain boring AND stupid aways jumping to the wrong conclusions and reacting accordingly. Huge big pass from everyone

I can’t stand her – you know the type. She sits spinning around in her own muddled brain speculating about all the things whether or not they’re true or logical or plausible. That’s why she’s friends with vyle. I bet they spend hours ruminating and speculating till wee hours of the night. The exact thing LVP said she was sick of but tolerated for so long. I’ve blown off friends who were like that. It’s toxic and not productive. Never mind brainstorming and coming to real understanding and a solution but based on what Turdie says you know she ruminates and speculates on the wrong facts for days and then does something based on her wrong conclusion. Baskin was just being polite saying we had your back because you’d say things no one else would say. Ie. Lie for the fake storyline but the problem is viewers saw through the bullshit

Beachgirl November 21, 2023 - 4:17 pm

“I’ve blown off friends who were like that.” Me too. Cannot stand that type of person. They waste so much time and are so negative. No time for that bs.

Ann_RS November 21, 2023 - 12:28 pm

How about the fact that she enjoyed being mean and vicious. How about that LVP gave Teddi’s brother a job, and Teddi worked so hard to try to bring LVP down. How about she is a minion for Kyle. How about the fact that she has a cold, emotionless personality beyond being a mean B. How about the fact that she is so obsessive and cannot stand to be told, no. She is so horrible to watch and brought nothing of value to the show.

Realitynot November 21, 2023 - 12:33 pm

Teddi is a moron. She was fired because the fans did not like her. Whenever her name is mentioned on blogs or social medias, there’s an overwhelming dislike for Teddi.
Teddi also became Kyle’s puppet by going after LVP. Another reason to dislike her was after she kept reminding people John Mellencamp is her father.
Teddi just sucks. I don’t get why she doesn’t know this by now.

Jshappyday November 22, 2023 - 10:03 am

????????????????

Miranda Pierpont November 21, 2023 - 12:38 pm

> RHOBH Producer Alex Baskin Explains Why Teddi Mellencamp Was Fired From Show

Because she sucked, is pretty much what Baskin says.

Miranda Pierpont November 21, 2023 - 12:40 pm

Imagine having your old boss on your years-long audition for getting your job back and she tells you everyone hated you and you were awkward and unnatural.

LuvsSnark November 21, 2023 - 4:25 pm

Bahahahahahahaha! And you STILL don’t get it. Snort!

UnrealHousewife57 November 21, 2023 - 12:51 pm

“The production always had your back…”

Hahaha! That’s a joke, right?

Ellen in KC November 21, 2023 - 1:17 pm

They gave her 3 seasons when she should have been gone after 1. Yep. They had her back.

UnrealHousewife57 November 21, 2023 - 3:21 pm

Production cares about production. Period.

ScrappieONE November 21, 2023 - 1:03 pm

Welp it’s easy Teddi, “You get what you give”. Your first mistake was turning on LVP after she was very kind and caring towards you when others were not. Second mistake, aligning with Kyle and Puppygate. BIG MISTAKE

Prycer November 21, 2023 - 8:39 pm

And yet she STILL doesn’t get it.

Ellen in KC November 21, 2023 - 1:17 pm

She is STILL hated because she’s a liar who claims to always tell the truth. She’s a hypocrite who lacks self-awareness. She’s mean. And she’s boring.

She had three (THREE) seasons to show that she had more personality than a 2X4 and was unable to do so. When she came back in S2 after her “I’m sooo down to earth S1” & all the women in BH are soooo shallow & have to have TWO Cartier Love bracelets. She SWF’d Kyle every way she could. Your dad was a rock star, you grew up in one of the most expensive areas of the US, you competed on the equestrian circuit & you have absolutely NOTHING to bring to the show? Money can’t buy you class. It also can’t buy you a personality.

Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 2:59 pm

“Your dad was a rock star”

Charisma must skip a generation.

Ellen in KC November 21, 2023 - 7:46 pm

And talent.

Fish ???? November 22, 2023 - 12:11 am

She’s really mean. That doesn’t do well. Ask Nene

Ellen in KC November 22, 2023 - 10:19 am

You couldn’t deny that Nene was funny though.

Fish ???? November 22, 2023 - 6:23 pm

Nene was hilarious. Meant for TV but her ego and mean streak destroyed her reputation. Her humour could have carried her far if she wasn’t mean

Ellen in KC November 23, 2023 - 10:39 am

She could have even been mean (Bethenny) but to be mean AND let the ego show? Too much.

yenta2017 November 21, 2023 - 1:23 pm

Be gone & stay gone Shadow!

2cents November 21, 2023 - 2:01 pm

Production had her back. And the audience still didn’t like her on the show. Wow, I wonder what people would think of her if production didn’t have her back. Anyway, I guess that settles it about whether or not production does that, they do.

Kali the Destroyer November 21, 2023 - 2:10 pm

Unceremoniously dumped, yet she’s still obsessesd with the Housewives universe. Idgi. I guess it’s just Olympic level ‘pick-me’ energy. Desperate for validation.

Fish ???? November 22, 2023 - 12:10 am

It’s so embarrassing

veronicar November 21, 2023 - 2:40 pm

I find it creepy as hell that Ted is still so fixated on her old job. She knows damn good and well why she was fired, she just cannot accept the reason, so she keeps asking and asking again and again hoping someone will give her a different answer. This guy was very diplomatic. The next person she asks needs to just tell her “IT IS BECAUSE PEOPLE FUCKING HATE YOU.”

Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 2:57 pm

I think what she’s dying to hear, is that secretly, everyone was afraid of her and thought she was too strong, and were threatened by her, and that’s why she had to go. She’s so delusional that it would make sense to her.

Beachgirl November 21, 2023 - 3:56 pm

He actually threw her a bone – saying that production liked her because she would say things out loud that others were thinking. I don’t think so, but he was tryna be nice.

Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 5:34 pm

He was sooooo just being polite. He knows how easily she cries.

Ann_RS November 21, 2023 - 4:17 pm

It seems that she thinks since she has a famous daddy and his last name and is friends with Kyle that those two reasons should be enough for her to get what she wants. She was raised as an entitled, low motivated brat. She is so cold and has a very hard side to her. I cannot stand to watch her.

JaneJ November 21, 2023 - 5:12 pm

She’s as cold and blank as slate. Which she named her daughter…

???? Dogs Against Dorit ???? November 21, 2023 - 4:53 pm

But they didn’t fire other HWs who were 1000x more hated: like Teresa Giudice, like Jennifer Aydin, like Vicki Gunvalson (who was allowed to remain for FIFTEEN seasons!) I think that’s why she still wonders why.

JaneJ November 21, 2023 - 5:11 pm

But those people have fans. Except Jennifer, I don’t think she has any. But Vicki, Teresa, Kenya, Brandi, all those jerks have fans. Not Teddi though. She’s universally hated.

WhereYoMamaAt November 21, 2023 - 9:55 pm

The one thing everyone can get agree on.

???? Dogs Against Dorit ???? November 24, 2023 - 12:53 am

Why is she hated? I really don’t get it. There are so many who are so much worse.

Fish ???? November 22, 2023 - 12:09 am

Maybe bc the others were OGs

???? Dogs Against Dorit ???? November 24, 2023 - 12:52 am

Aydin isn’t an OG. She’s only been there a few years.

Fish ???? November 24, 2023 - 6:11 pm

Oh yeah, I never even considered that cretin, tbh lol

David's Chips November 21, 2023 - 6:22 pm

And boring as fuck too!

WhereYoMamaAt November 21, 2023 - 9:54 pm Reply
Bim-Bo-Dietl-Slice November 21, 2023 - 2:48 pm

How is she still searching for answers when she could just pay attention to what the viewers have been screaming at her the last, what now, 4 years? Fucking jeez.

LuvsSnark November 21, 2023 - 4:22 pm

Who knew that she was actually that stupid?

675309 November 21, 2023 - 3:11 pm

Huh. I thought it was because of her shady business and they didn’t want to get caught up in lawsuit by featuring it on the show. Then used the excuse (which is true) that she was too annoying! I still sort of think that.

Bag Slapper November 21, 2023 - 3:12 pm

The NXIVM like program had nothing to do with it.

Beachgirl November 21, 2023 - 3:55 pm

As if it’s not blatantly obvious why Turdie was fired. ????

LuvsSnark November 21, 2023 - 4:22 pm

She was trending on Twitter from hate, and she STILL needed an explanation for why she was fired? My God . . . how dumb can you be?

JaneJ November 21, 2023 - 5:10 pm

Seriously? LOL. That’s so funny.

WhereYoMamaAt November 21, 2023 - 10:10 pm

Oh, wow!!!!

BLips November 21, 2023 - 4:27 pm

Does Teddy still have her diet coaching cult/ business?

JaneJ November 21, 2023 - 5:09 pm

I doubt it. She doesn’t need to text people to remember to starve themselves now that Ozempic is here to make them not hungry.

Nathaniel "Lovebean" Gray November 21, 2023 - 6:49 pm

Yes and she’s lowering prices.

JerZeeShore November 21, 2023 - 5:53 pm

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. Teddisnooze is cutting the prices on her pro-Ana business to make it more affordable or maybe to sell more memberships because the business isn’t doing well (allegedly). If you look at her IG she hawks every product that comes her way.

Nathaniel "Lovebean" Gray November 21, 2023 - 6:48 pm

Why didn’t Kyle join Teddi’s all in program?

Now mind you, I’m not a Teddi hater. I didn’t care for her on the show, but I do listen to and enjoy her podcast – call it long drives between patient’s homes and me being bored and uncharacteristically curious when I first began to listen to it.

I know, I know, please don’t banish me and/or shoot to maim.

But I have asked myself why didn’t Kyle join her All In to lose the weight. Just seems like something a best friend with a platform would do. ????

LuvsSnark November 21, 2023 - 7:16 pm

Maybe Kyle couldn’t face total starvation, as opposed to Ozempic and no booze.

veronicar November 22, 2023 - 11:01 am

Yes starving yourself and not drinking on your own takes will power and is hard and painful. Getting the Ozempic shot makes you not hungry and not want to drink.

Killy_Killy November 21, 2023 - 8:34 pm

Damn Turdie you’re a glutton for punishment. Dumbass.

Prycer November 21, 2023 - 8:37 pm

That horse is now glue Shadow. Let the shit go. WE DO NOT LIKE YOU NOR DO WE WANT TO SEE YOU ON ARE TV’S!!

Bklyn Diamond November 22, 2023 - 9:10 am

You were boring Tedious as well as a proven liar and sided with the coven against LVP when you are the one who set it all up.

And the audience didn’t like you. THAT is why you were fired.

Sandra Oh November 22, 2023 - 9:28 am

We miss the tedturd… says no one ever

Jshappyday November 22, 2023 - 9:38 am

Oh, Teddi..the audience wasn’t interested (isn’t) in your life dear in any capacity. Producers weren’t blind to audience reaction. Once Teddi betrayed LVP so completely and Kyle used her for it right after the suicide of her brother, there was no redemption arc for Teddi. How Teddi can be friends with Kyle knowing she used her to do her dirty work against LVP is pitiful. This is also why the audience has little respect for her, being Kyle’s puppy dog on the show. LVP did not treat her that way, just stood up for her against Erika at the reunion in fact, gave her brother a job and Teddi goes and sides with them weeks later as LVP is in mourning. All so dirty, that is why the BH audience wanted nothing more to do with Teddi. Just last month, Kyle said Teddi is still holding a grudge and waiting for an apology from LVP. Is she completely deluded and insane! Teddi owes the apology to LVP, not the other way around! Stop supporting Teddi’s podcast, she is not worthy.

SQ November 23, 2023 - 9:27 pm

Geez. She’s the new Brandi. She’s like dust, she just won’t go away.

Sallycousins November 24, 2023 - 11:12 am

Audience reaction? Bravo could not care less.

Teddy cut because she was in the drama? No. Bravo wants drama. Nasty drama.

Production found you boring. Editing found you boring. Andy obviously found Melatonin boring. Teddy makes Gretchen and Alexis, Crystal, WhoreapAtapuss and Taylor seem fascinating.

tookthelongwayhome November 24, 2023 - 12:53 pm

Three reasons Teddie was fired 1) boring 2) boring 4) boring.

Dbltrouble November 27, 2023 - 3:58 am

Well bitch first thing you did was hop over to the dark side your 2nd season. Now not only were you one of the mean girls but you were stupid as well. How can one person be so devoid of any self awareness?

Michael November 29, 2023 - 10:06 am

Ah, yes, the ‘down to earth’ dull as dishwater accountability coach who thought accountability was for literally everyone else but her. The same one who now apparently thinks she is Fashion Plate Barbie, makes a living gossiping about and judging other ‘Housewives’ and who has somehow equated being fired as meaning, the world wants to see and hear from her more than ever – because she’s everywhere, talking, talking, talking all the time, thinking she’s going to muscle here way back on to some Housewives show, somewhere, anywhere.