Kim Richards Shares Why She Hasn’t Spoken to Kyle Richards in Months Since Separation and Addresses Potential RHOBH Return as She and Kathy Gush Over Mauricio Umansky

by Lindsay Cronin

Kim Richards Admits She "Didn't Talk" and "[Hasn’t] Seen" Kyle Amid Separation and Addresses Potential RHOBH Return as She and Kathy Gush Over Mauricio Umansky

Credit: Twoeyephotos/MEGA, Charles Sykes/Bravo

Kim Richards admitted that she didn’t talk to or see Kyle Richards after news broke of her separation from Mauricio Umansky while attending Kathy Hilton‘s Christmas party on Tuesday night.

As Kim, 59, and Kyle, 54, seemingly reunited for the first time in months at their older sister’s event, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills alum spoke of her estrangement from Kyle, discussed a potential Bravo return, and gushed over Mauricio, 53, as Kyle reflected on her season 13 challenges.

“[I] was not looking forward to shooting this season,” Kyle revealed to PEOPLE. “It’s a storyline, but that storyline is my life. I don’t have a great poker face, so it was a challenge for me and I didn’t expect some of the women to come at me regarding my marriage.”

“I felt like they could have been more supportive,” she added of her co-stars. “It’s been difficult.”

As Kyle struggled to film the season amid her marital issues with Mauricio, Kim said the two of them did not interact due to Kyle keeping her distance — although she tried.

“I don’t know anything about what’s going on with her. I didn’t talk to Kyle,” Kim explained. “She didn’t call me at all really, but I called her every day or at least once a week and just said ‘I love you. I’m here for you.’ I was hurt because I’ve always been her go-to. When her friend Lorene died, I was the one she came to.”

After Kim signaled the 2022 death of Kyle’s close friend, Kathy, 64, noted, “She’s been through a lot this year,” and Kyle confessed to distancing herself.

“When I’m struggling, I keep to myself a lot. That’s how I kind of operate. I get quiet,” Kyle said.

“You didn’t used to be like that,” Kim replied.

“Well, I am now,” Kyle explained.

According to Kathy, no one knew what was going on between Kyle and Mauricio over the summer.

“Nobody knew if they were going to work it out. On the one hand you don’t really want to say anything because there are four children,” Kathy shared. “What I wanted to do was send her a lot of fun things to make her laugh, but also spiritual quotes. She really appreciated that.”

After Kathy then noted that her and Kyle’s season 12 falling out was short-lived and said she, Kyle, and Kim are “ride-or-die,” Kyle expressed excitement for the holiday season.

“It’s nice because the holidays are when you really want to be with your family and if you’re having issues you miss them the most during the holidays, so it’s nice to all be together,” she stated.

As Kim continues to “[work] on [herself]” away from the spotlight, she agreed that the holidays would be a time for their family to unite.

“I think tonight is a kick-off to the holidays because I haven’t seen Kyle and I miss her,” she shared. “I was worried about her, and I was hurt — just all kinds of little things that I felt because I didn’t hear from her. I just wanted to hear her voice to let me know she was OK.”

During another interview with E! News, Kim revealed if she is open to a comeback on RHOBH.

“For me, I will never say never but most likely not,” she admitted. “I would rather do something with the three of us away from that kind of negativity. It’s awful. Where do you find people that go to a party and throw a drink at your face? Or they try to choke you?”

She also shared her thoughts on Mauricio.

“I have never said a bad word about Mauricio, I don’t know anything bad about him,” Kim said. “He is an amazing dad, amazing father and that’s what I can say. The way his girls love him and the way he loves his girls.”

“[It’s] all about the children for them,” Kathy agreed of Kyle and Mauricio’s three daughters, Alexia Umansky, 27, Sophia Umansky, 23, and Portia Umansky, 15, and Kyle’s oldest, Farrah Aldjufrie, 35, who Mauricio helped raise.

As RHOBH fans may have seen, Kyle and Mauricio recently celebrated Thanksgiving as a family, which Kyle said came easy for the two of them.

“Mauricio and I get along very well. Obviously it is a difficult time, but we have never been a couple that fights,” she stated. “My kids have said they have literally never heard a fight between us in their entire lives.”

“It’s something I am very proud of,” Kyle added. “We live under the same roof. We had all our friends and kids, everybody seemed happy. Is it ideal? Probably not. It is traditional? No, but it’s working for us.”

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season 13 airs Wednesdays at 8/7c on Bravo.

LuvsSnark November 30, 2023 - 11:30 am

She didn’t expect some of the women to come after her on her marriage? Bahahahahaha! Give me a break. Since when did it ever stop HER from going after someone over something intensely personal?

Beachgirl November 30, 2023 - 11:40 am

Kyle baited Sutton into talking about her marriage, then when that didn’t work, Kyle picked fights with Sutton every chance she got in order to induce Sutton to counter with “Kyle, what’s going on in YOUR life? YOU seem off.” Then when that wasn’t enough to “force” Kyle to “be honest” about her situation, Kyle nearly begged Sutton to talk about it at the end of their private convo in the side room at the dinner party: “If you have something to say, Sutton, just come out and say it!” Stuff like that – literally demanding that Sutton bring up the tabloid rumors.
Bottom line: Kyle is one manipulative bitch.

ScrappieONE November 30, 2023 - 11:45 am

I can to the comments to post the same thing..

JaneJ November 30, 2023 - 12:07 pm

She was happy to try to ruin Denise’s marriage.

Crazy Eyes! November 30, 2023 - 11:49 am

Blah blah blah Vyle!!! Go get another tattoo you self absorbed moron!!!

The Best November 30, 2023 - 12:05 pm

I seem to remember in the limo scene, Kim didn’t have nice things to say about Morris (as she called him).

Heidi November 30, 2023 - 12:54 pm

She always called him Maurice.

The Best November 30, 2023 - 2:28 pm

thank you, Heidi.

Ellen in KC November 30, 2023 - 3:34 pm

I just remember – YOU stole my house & Kyle countering with everything Mo did for Kim.

The Best November 30, 2023 - 3:47 pm

Yes, this! Thank you Ellen in KC

Mrs. Joyce November 30, 2023 - 4:18 pm

I know its bad but I wished they would have delved into the stolen house more.

Ellen in KC December 1, 2023 - 12:08 pm

Even if the paperwork were legal, if it was undervalued & Kim was wasted at the time she signed & didn’t understand, she was right. They stole the house.

JaneJ November 30, 2023 - 12:07 pm

Kim should stay far, far away from Kyle, who tried to destroy her life on national tv. And if Kathy thinks 8 month feuds are short lived and sisters that hate each other are ride or die, then whatever.

Ellen in KC November 30, 2023 - 3:33 pm

And it was only like a month ago where Kyle said she was still upset with Kathy over the previous season. Now she’s like it’s great! Everything is great! I love the holidays!

I did laugh at the “You didn’t used to be like that” from Kim – because she said what I was thinking. I will always hold Kyle in some contempt for the scene where she and Mo took their daughter to college & instead of being able to say goodbye to their daughter on the last day, Mo had to stay with Kyle because she was soooo upset & crying. What a manipulative witch. She wouldn’t even allow her own kid to get a few minutes attention.

Housewife of Malibu November 30, 2023 - 12:48 pm

The answer is Bravo, Kim! That is the kind of stuff that Andy Cohen soils his diapers over.

Sharona November 30, 2023 - 1:10 pm

“soils his diapers”. Bwahaha.

cabriolet November 30, 2023 - 12:57 pm

So they never had a fight over Mauricio’s flagrant philandering? It takes a real woman to overlook such things! (Sarcasm)

LuvsSnark November 30, 2023 - 12:59 pm

Makes you wonder if she was willing to be bought off like Tre, every time she caught Mo cheating.

Ellen in KC November 30, 2023 - 3:35 pm

And he didn’t have anything to say to her after she ran to his mother to try to ruin his party by telling her that he has a tattoo?

Heidi November 30, 2023 - 12:59 pm

Kyle’s constantly fighting with Kim or Kathy. She’s never getting along with them both at the same time for more than 5 minutes.

Lea November 30, 2023 - 1:04 pm

What Kim is saying, that she would call Kyle everyday and not hear back, jives with what Kathy said on WWHL last night. Kathy said something like she tried calling Kyle as this separation began but wouldn’t hear back so she resorted to texting Kyle.

Realitynot November 30, 2023 - 1:11 pm

Kyle is not a good person. Kim should be happy she’s not talking to Kyle and getting in Kyle’s bs. Kyle will do anything for sympathy because she always wanted the fans to love her.

louise hanson November 30, 2023 - 1:22 pm

I see all the haters have comments about Kyle but none about Sutton and her weird behaviors or her huge personal issue where she gets to have her son live with her and gets more money. Lol

mssweets November 30, 2023 - 6:13 pm

Downvote cause you just suck with that comment, obviously you’re not a mom or a person that cares if your child lives with you or not!

BLips November 30, 2023 - 1:40 pm

Uh…this article was about Kyle, not Sutton.

L G November 30, 2023 - 2:04 pm

Huh? Sutton isn’t even mentioned in this article. I doubt she even knows Kim Richards.

TheBeverlyHillsHaveEyes November 30, 2023 - 3:42 pm

Is it really that difficult to understand why a mother would be upset at the idea of her high school aged son potentially being lured to live across the other side of the world?

Ellen in KC November 30, 2023 - 3:42 pm

Why shouldn’t her sons live with her? They are teenagers. Didn’t her ex decide to move to another country? What kid wants to move during high school?

Nancy Fancy November 30, 2023 - 4:56 pm

I see you haven’t a clue how post divorces work regarding custody and child support issues. It’s not rocket science. Kyle is classless, Sutton is classy. The end.

mssweets November 30, 2023 - 6:13 pm

Ginger Snap November 30, 2023 - 7:20 pm

Yes. Looks like money is the main concern with Louise.

louise hanson December 5, 2023 - 5:16 pm

The comment was sarcasm since she won .duh I do have grown kids and a grandchild that lives with me. So suck it

Ginger Snap November 30, 2023 - 7:20 pm

That was hindsight. During Magic Mike and Kyle visiting her Sutton was in the thick of it. At least she’s honest enough unlike Kyle.

DanaPam1 November 30, 2023 - 2:06 pm

I always liked Kim. She’s no nonsense and with a lot of personality. She obviously struggles at times. And she can be difficult. I dont doubt it wasnt easy for Kyle either when they grew up and when Kim struggled and she and the kids needed support.

It seems that Kathy havent spoken to Kyle in a long tine and Kim may be closer to Kathy.

Ellen in KC November 30, 2023 - 3:35 pm

In Amsterdam Kim said Kathy was the more supportive sister….

DanaPam1 November 30, 2023 - 4:15 pm

Yes and I beleive Kyle for some reason doesnt know how to support a friend or a sister. Having saig that Kim was not easy to deal with s 5. She had issues big time and was in denial. The only season I understood Kyle more

veronicar November 30, 2023 - 2:11 pm

I for one am glad Kim is steering clear of Kyle.

TheBeverlyHillsHaveEyes November 30, 2023 - 3:39 pm

Kyle has a new friend to play with and that’s why she dropped Kim. Same as when she had Dorit she dropped LVP and when she got Teddi she dropped Dorit. She is like a spoiled little girl who wants everyone else’s toys and drops them as soon as a new one comes along.
Kim does not need to ever go near RHOBH again. It is clear she still has a lot of mental health and perhaps substance dependency issues.

Pahleeeeez December 2, 2023 - 7:26 pm

1000%. She manipulayed and stole every friend LVP ever made on the show by turning them agsinst her. Lyle is s friend to no one. She is nasty snd evil, just like her mom. I would NEVER want her as a friend, in my friend group, as a co-worker, neighbor, relative, trash man, or anywhere near me in her life.

TheBeverlyHillsHaveEyes December 4, 2023 - 4:44 am

ITA!!! She HATED seeing LVP with a friend on the show. it really irritates me about Dorit that she didn’t follow through when she started calling Kyle out for being in her ear about LVP. Dorit also called Kyle the most manipulated on a podcast.

Leather Harlot November 30, 2023 - 3:48 pm

Kim needs to stay away from Kyle for her own health. Kyle is toxic to those she’s around. Kind of like anthrax

captainjk4 November 30, 2023 - 9:03 pm

Kyle couldn’t call Kim or Kathy back when they called to ask what was going on with her marriage to Maurice because then she’d have to admit to them that she was faking it for a storyline. She isn’t slick enough to lie to her sisters because they know her better than the other women who fall for her shtick…..although ironically most of the public did NOT fall for it. Kyle’s a complete failure at everything.

~~Medusa~~ December 1, 2023 - 8:42 am

According to this story, everything is wonderful in Vyle’s world. She & maRITZio get along fine (& “never had a fight”). Even her siblings still cater to her self promoting pity party.

Nbarny December 2, 2023 - 9:28 am

Kyle is toxic, she tossed her sister to the wolves for the sake of a show. Kyle is a good mother? That’s debatable, running off with someone and acting like fool while you have a young daughter that will suffer the consequences.

BReal December 3, 2023 - 7:19 pm

Kathy was just on WWHL. She is now back into loving her sister Kyls. She also loves Kyle’s ‘friend’ Morgan. And she said they were all together, Kim, Kyle, Kathy an Morgan at Kathys house, getting tattoos. So, from Kathy, all is good. She missed her little sister Kyle. I’ll take what she said, on a live show, last week, vs this site, and what the “fans’ on this site are saying.