RHOSLC’s Meredith Marks Explains Comment About Angie’s Husband, Real Issue With Whitney’s Bathtub Diss, and If She’s Spoken to Jen, Plus Lisa Reconciliation and Dinner Rant

by Lindsay Cronin Comments
RHOSLC's Meredith Marks on What She Meant by "Going There" With Angie's Husband, Whitney's Bathtub Diss, and If She's Spoken to Jen, Plus Lisa Reconciliation and Dinner Rant

Credit: Gizelle Hernandez/Bravo

Meredith Marks explained what she meant by “going there” with Angie Katsanevas‘ husband, Shawn Trujillo, on Tuesday’s episode of Watch What Happens Live.

After alluding to something shocking on The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, Meredith addressed Whitney Rose‘s bathtub diss, her communication with the incarcerated Jen Shah, 49, and her reconciliation with Lisa Barlow, 48, while also answering a question about which of her co-stars are most in need of marriage advice.

“I don’t think I can go there. I don’t wanna like, wish ill on anyone’s relationship. I don’t think I can answer that,” Meredith, who is hosting a relationship-based podcast with husband Seth Marks, said on the September 19 episode of the WWHL: After Show.

But Meredith’s husband, Seth, interjected, “If you’re not hanging by a thread, you’re full of sh*t.”

“That’s up to them to say, not me,” Meredith replied.

She also said she was thankful to newbie Monica Garcia for having her back at the pool when Angie made comments under her breath.

“Yes, I was grateful for that. Yes,” she confirmed.

On the live broadcast of WWHL, during a game of “Can! You! Defend!?,” Meredith doubled down on her decision to not invite Angie on their girls’ trip to Palm Springs.

“Why would I invite Angie? I barely knew her,” she explained.

She then defended herself for yelling at Angie to leave dinner — and for asking Lisa if she wanted her to “go there with [Angie’s] husband.”

“I can defend it but I probably shouldn’t have said it,” she admitted.

When host Andy Cohen, 55, pointed out that he was happy to see Meredith and Lisa in a better place, and hoped that their reconciliation would last, Meredith agreed.

“I hope so,” she stated.

At the start of the show, as Andy held a number of audience polls, Meredith suspected viewers would say they did not trust Angie.

“I’m guessing they’ll say no,” she shared.

Also looking back on her bizarre dinner rant, Meredith credited her behavior not only to the espresso martinis but also anger.

“Well all had cocktails for sure so it was probably a combination of [alcohol and anger],” she reasoned.

When Meredith was then asked about Jen’s newfound friendship with the also incarcerated Elizabeth Holmes, the woman behind the Theranos fraud scheme, she confirmed the two of them are not in touch.

“I haven’t spoken to Jen but I’m not surprised that she’s friends with Elizabeth Holmes. Why would I be surprised by it? They’re in tight spaces,” she reasoned.

Moving on to Whitney’s rental diss and bathtub shade, Meredith made it clear that she’s unconcerned with the opinion of her RHOSLC castmate.

“As far as my lifestyle goes, I couldn’t care less. I live a very happy, beautiful life so I don’t really care what Whitney thinks of it,” she stated. “In terms of the bathtub, it was about an ongoing, her continuous poking and prodding and starting with me.”

As for what she meant when she discussed “going there” with Angie’s husband, Meredith claimed she wasn’t alluding to a potentially devastating rumor.

“What I said with Angie’s husband, I never went there. It never comes out. I never discussed it with anybody. I never even told my husband the story,” she claimed.

But Andy appeared confused, and asked, “Well, I mean, does it never come out?”

“That’s not what I was referring to,” Meredith replied.

Still, Andy feels there’s much more to the story, teasing, “Keep watching.”

The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City season four airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on Bravo.

JaneJ September 20, 2023 - 2:56 pm

For someone who lives a happy, beautiful, life she sure seems miserable all the time.

Chickadee2 September 20, 2023 - 6:12 pm

I absolutely do not believe she is happy at all. In fact, she seems miserable.

Chickadee2 September 20, 2023 - 6:12 pm

I absolutely do not believe she is happy at all. In fact, she seems miserable.

Housewife of Malibu September 20, 2023 - 3:11 pm

I really liked Meredith the first season, liked her somewhat the second season and have been finding her more and more intolerable. She is imperious, non-sensical, vindictive and overly sensitive. She does make for great television, however. Bravo outdid themselves with the casting of SLC. The women are beyond bizarre. So far, the Palm Springs trip is in the running for one of my all-time favorite cast trips. Meredith’s weird cocktail-fueled rant and slipping in and out of accents, the missing $60,000 ring, Mary’s utter disdain for everyone and everything and Heather’s college girl vomiting in the van are HW gold. The show is so much better than OC.

Que Sera September 21, 2023 - 5:24 pm

Agree about Meredith, Mary and Heather except I don’t enjoy watching them and didn’t last season. I’m the type that needs to like somebody I suppose. I find them all annoying and not entertaining probably because that show has been too contrived since the beginning (so when will I stop watching….ha).

texasrose September 22, 2023 - 12:41 am

I though it was hilarious (albeit embarrassing for her) when she commanded Angie to LEAVE and then tried to get the waiter to kick her out:):) Who does she think she is??
That being said Whitney and Angie knew exactly what they were doing when they showed up together, esp Whitney and she was probably loving the drama between Meredith and Angie while she sat there smiling.

veronicar September 20, 2023 - 4:40 pm

Meredith loves her life so much that she has to stay high on pills just to get through it.

Crazy Eyes! September 20, 2023 - 5:56 pm

Meredith, explain your accent sweetheart! Even Dorit is confused!!!

J22 September 20, 2023 - 6:41 pm

LMAO

veronicar September 20, 2023 - 7:30 pm

I want this question answered more than I want to know if she was wearing a breast plate in her confessionals last season. She is so bizarre.

timdun September 20, 2023 - 10:09 pm

I think it’s called whine.

Que Sera September 21, 2023 - 5:24 pm

Good one!

doubled September 20, 2023 - 10:19 pm

Cannot stand Meredouche I can explain her fake accent though she is trying to sound like she comes from old money. And failing miserably.

veronicar September 21, 2023 - 10:50 am

HA!!!!!

TheDallasHousewife September 21, 2023 - 1:12 am

Watching Rent-a-Meredith lumber hunchback-style from one room to another at the Trixie Motel was gross. Her face, fake accent, and wide open eyes need to be put away.

LuvsSnark September 21, 2023 - 9:10 am

Quite full of herself, she is. Insufferable, in fact.

Meg September 21, 2023 - 10:45 am

Meredith was on a lot more than just alcohol and anger at the dinner. She mixed the alcohol with some pills probably. She was so far gone that even crazy Mary was trying get her to stop. I thought it was actually hilarious.

Bravolebrities or BravoCons? September 21, 2023 - 11:32 am

Now that we all have Mary’s background and know she is a bit off shall we say she is going to be the best all season long with her comments.

Que Sera September 21, 2023 - 5:31 pm

I think her rudeness toward Whitney about coming early was her big contribution. Otherwise her rudeness and obviously being so irritated and bored with being back because she must need money or thinks she does, is annoyingly boring. However, I agree she might be the most entertaining of the bunch. They may have brought her back to try to save it. I can’t believe it didn’t get canceled.

Que Sera September 21, 2023 - 5:31 pm

Bravolebrities or BravoCons? September 25, 2023 - 8:43 pm

I know! I’m surprised at that too. The thing I like about Mary is she is so off the wall you never know what is going to come out of her mouth.

the underground train September 21, 2023 - 1:48 pm

“I can defend it but I probably shouldn’t have said it,” she admitted.

Good example of talking out of both sides of your mouth