Caroline Manzo Breaks Silence on Early Exit From RHUGT Amid Brandi Rumors, Says She Went in With “Best of Intentions”

by Lindsay Cronin Comments
0 comment

Caroline Manzo Breaks Silence on Early Exit From RHUGT Amid Brandi Rumors, Says She Went in With the "Best of Intentions" and Hoped Experience Would Be "Fun"

Caroline Manzo has finally broken her silence in regard to her early exit from Real Housewives: Ultimate Girls Trip season four.

Nearly two months after former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville was accused of flooding the Real Housewives of New Jersey alum with unwanted kisses and touching her private areas, Caroline said her intention to do “something fun” by joining the Peacock series didn’t “work out.”

“I can’t say much, only because it’s not good for my headspace, but it took a lot for me to go back [on a Housewives show],” Caroline explained on New York Live, via PEOPLE, March 20.

“[I was] going back with the best of intentions, with the highest of hopes, to do something fun. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me that way,” she continued. “I came home early. And at this point, I just truly don’t have the space in my head to talk about it. So, I’d rather not but I would imagine it would unfold on the series when it airs and there’ll be a lot said then.”

According to Caroline, her time with co-stars Vicki Gunvalson, Gretchen Rossi, Eva Marcille, Phaedra Parks, Camille Meyer, and Alex McCord in Marrakesh, Morocco, didn’t end up being what she’d hoped. And according to reports at the time, that was due to her interactions with Brandi.

“It was unwanted,” a source told PEOPLE of the RHOBH alum’s alleged sexual advances. “And Caroline’s distress over the matter did not seem to stop Brandi. Things escalated and physical boundaries allegedly were crossed that Caroline felt were serious and uncomfortable.”

Although Brandi apologized to Caroline over text message the next morning after learning she was upset, production reported the incident and Brandi “was asked to leave.”

“The safety and security of cast and crew while shooting is extremely important and we take all reports seriously,” Peacock and Shed Media said in a joint statement to PEOPLE. “In this situation, production immediately launched a comprehensive review and is taking appropriate action.”

Meanwhile, Brandi denied the claims against her.

“Brandi has been prohibited from sharing her side of the story and in turn, people have only heard unsubstantiated versions,” she said, via a rep. “Brandi maintains her innocence and vehemently denies any wrongdoing.”

Although Caroline can’t say much about what went down on the set of RHUGT until the upcoming season airs, her sister-in-law and former RHONJ castmate Jacqueline Laurita confirmed she was “not well” during a podcast appearance last month.

“It was very traumatizing,” Jacqueline said on Reality With the King. “I didn’t push it too much. I just wanted to know she was okay because originally … I thought she like beat her up or something happened … I think it’s been hard for her.”

Real Housewives: Ultimate Girls Trip season three premieres Thursday on Peacock. No word yet on a premiere date for season four.