Although the reality star, who shares two children with co-star Kathryn Dennis, told his fans and followers on Twitter that it was his decision to walk away from the reality show, a new report reveals the series’ production company fired Thomas amid the allegations of sexual assault against him.
“The production company decided to let Thomas go,” an insider told Radar Online on August 14. “They made the decision to fire him before filming wrapped. That’s also why he wasn’t allowed to go to the reunion.”
On Tuesday, Thomas shared a message with his online audience in which he suggested he quit the show because producers had made him look bad.
Still, the source insisted Thomas’ fate was in the hands of production.
“No one quits any Bravo shows,” the source explained. “They are locked into their contracts for multiple years and only the network and the production company can let them go.”
If you recall, the Tamara Tattles blog was the first site to break the news of Thomas’ firing back in early June.
As Southern Charm season five aired earlier this year, two women came forward and accused Thomas of sexual assault. Thomas allegedly assaulted one woman in December 2015 before paying her a $200,000 settlement. Then, he allegedly assaulted his former nanny, Dawn, at his South Carolina home.
During the Southern Charm reunion, Kathryn confirmed the nanny’s allegations were being investigated by the Charleston Police Department and a letter from Thomas’ attorney was read.
“Along with Bravo, our client made the mutual decision not to attend today’s reunion taping as there is a pending investigation,” Thomas’ lawyer’s letter explained. “Our client is fully cooperating with authorities on that investigation. He expects to be completely vindicated once the investigation is concluded. He sends his best regards to his fans and his fellow cast mates.”
Following news of Thomas’ exit from the show, he shared a surprising tweet with his fans and followers, claiming he is filing a defamation lawsuit, although he didn’t reveal who he planned to sue.
As seen from the screenshot below, Thomas’ announcement was made after a fan suggested he wasn’t being honest about the number of drug tests he forced Kathryn to take during their custody battle.
He tweeted, “I think that I would have the facts better than you but if you want to wait, my defamation lawsuit will show the world.”
It’s possible he’s threatening to sue the Bravo network, or perhaps Patricia Altschul as just a few days ago, he accused Patricia of lying about the number of times he required Kathryn to undergo drug testing.
Thomas’ on-again, off-again girlfriend, Ashley Jacobs, will also not be seen on any further seasons of the show, as Kathryn confirmed weeks ago on Twitter. Additionally, Ashley confirmed her split from Thomas yesterday as she cried during an emotional video she shared with her fans and followers.
Photo Credit: Bravo TV